Hopkins Girls Basketball Association (HGBA) 2021/22 COVID-19 Policy
HGBA is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for our athletes, coaches, families and volunteers. We thank you in advance for your cooperation throughout the season.
HGBA will be following the latest guidance from MYAS, MSHSL and MDH which can be found here:
- Practices will be limited to coaches and players
- Coaches will wear masks during the duration of practices and within all Hopkins facilities
- Players will wear masks into and out of practice and until practice begins
Players and coaches will:
- Utilize hand sanitizer
- Use individual water bottles
- Clean equipment and uniforms regularly
- Disinfect high touch areas
- Limit sharing of equipment (when possible)
Drop Off/Pick Up:
Parents are expected to drop off and pick up their player outside of the practice facilities unless there are extenuating circumstances. HGBA practices are closed.
- Drop off: please drop your child off at the door of the practice location 5-10 minutes before the scheduled practice time.
- Pick-up: please promptly pick up your child at the door of the practice location.
- If you are running late, please inform your athlete’s coach via text.
- Masks are required inside Hopkins facilities (no exceptions).
When possible, 3-6ft of distancing will be implemented.
Exposure and Communication:
If a player or coach:
- develops any COVID symptoms
- is exposed to a person who tests positive for COVID
- is exposed to a person with COVID symptoms
The player or coach should communicate the details of the symptoms and/or exposure to via email to HGBA to
. The Board will follow the decision tree to decide if and how long the player and coach are excluded from team activities and practice. New guidance has been established for people who are vaccinated and/or have tested positive for COVID-19 and in some cases a quarantine is not required.
- If your player is excluded from school for COVID-related quarantine, they are ineligible to participate in HGBA activities
- If your player is awaiting COVID-19 test results, please do not send them to practice or games until the test results are confirmed
- If your player has any symptoms that would exclude them from school, please do not send them to practice or games. Here is the daily screening tool that Hopkins uses.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation, flexibility and understanding as we navigate COVID-19 in 2021-2022.