Hopkins Girls Basketball Summer 10,000 Shot Challenge
You can't become a better shooter without taking shots. HGBA is once again challenging all players to put up 10,000 shots over the summer. This contest is open to all Hopkins girls players from grades 3-8 (based on Fall 2021 school year). Every girl who completes the challenge will be recognized on the court at a Hopkins High Schol Girls basketball game and 1 challenge completer will be randomly selected to win an amazing prize!
10,000 may seem like a lot of shots, but if you start on June 6th, that's only 115 shots a day. Here are some ways to take 100 shots a day:
Finishing Moves (10 of each of the following)
- Layups, right & left side
- 2 foot jump stop, right & left side
- Reverse layup, right & left side
- Foot moves from the block, right & left side
- Jab or stutter step, right & left side
Ball Toss Catch & Shoot (10 of each of the following)
- Block to block, right & left side
- Wing, right & left side
- Baseline, right & left side
- Elbow, right & left side
- 20 free throws
Shooting off the dribble (10 of each of the following)
- Wing turn off the corner jumper, right & left side
- Wing turn off the corner step back jumper, right & left side
- Wing 3 point line (closer for younger players), right & left side
- Corner 3 point line (closer for younger players), right & left side
- 20 free throws
Camps & Practices
- 250 shots for each day you attend a shooting camp
- 150 shots for each day you attend breakfast club
- 150 shots for each day you attend a regular basketball camp
You can download this Google Sheet to help you track your progress - Be sure to sign into your Google account so you can make a copy of the file. This is for personal tracking only.
The official submission form can be found on THIS PAGE.
And be sure to tag HGBA on Instagram & Facebook so we can see your summer progress!!
Players must record their own shots and submit them via our 10k shot submission form (form coming soon). All completed entries must be received by 8/31/21 to be eligible. This is the honors system, so we ask that parents validate their players are actually completing the shots they make.