HGBA Code of Conduct
HGBA PARENT / GUARDIAN / PLAYER / COACH
1. I/we will respect the property and equipment used at any sports facility both at home and away.
2. I/we will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, contest administrators and officials at every game and practice.
3. I/we will place the emotional and physical well-being of the athletes ahead of my/our personal desire to win.
4. I/we will provide support for coaches and officials working with the athletes to provide a positive experience for all.
5. I/we will demand a sports environment that is free from drugs, tobacco and alcohol and will refrain from their use at all HGBA events.
6. I/we will remember that the game is for the kids – not the adults.
7. I/we will treat other players, coaches, officials, volunteers and spectators with respect regardless of race, sex, color, creed or ability.
8. I/we will not berate the officials!
9. I/we will not undermine the coach’s instructions or directions.
10. I/we will treat all players, coaches, and officials with dignity and respect in language, attitude, behavior and mannerisms.
11. I/we will communicate my/our concerns through the proper channels in a dignified manner. These channels may include, but are not limited to, the following:
a. Applying the 24-hour rule (wait 24 hours before communicating)
b. Speaking with the offending member
c. If no resolution, bringing concerns to the HGBA Board
12. I/we will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my/our child and the safety of others.
13. I/we will inform the coach, within a reasonable period of time, of any anticipated absence from a game or practice my/our child may incur due to sickness, injury, vacation, or any other reason.
14. I/we are personally responsible and accountable for ANY social media / internet usage. Negative portrayal of ANY player, coach, parent / guardian, team, school, parent, official, administrator, facility, or any parties affiliated with HGBA, is strictly forbidden.
15. I/we also agree that if I/we fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, I/we may be subject to disciplinary action. This action may include, but is not limited to, the following:
a. Verbal Warning
b. Written Warning
c. Parental or Player Game Suspension
d. Parental or Player Season Suspension
e. Parental Banishment
f. Student asked to leave association
Any violation of the above Code of Conduct may result in a temporary or permanent banishment from any
HGBA events for your child, you or both.
*Requires acceptance to Terms & Conditions of HGBA Code of Conduct